Responding to MLB’s decision to limit clubhouse access as part of measures for coronavirus precaution, the Rays released information on the following changes to go into effect with Wednesday’s spring game in Port Charlotte:
* "All locker rooms and clubhouses will be open only to players and essential club employees until further notice. During this period, those prohibited from the clubhouse include credentialed media, many Rays staff, family members, guests and outside vendors.''
* "Credentialed media access for Rays players and personnel will be held in the media tent adjacent to the Rays clubhouse building,'' with group and one-on-one interviews available upon request before and during games. Postgame interviews with manager Kevin Cash will continue to be held on the field near the dugout.
* "Please note that during all large group availabilities, a minimum distance of six feet needs to be kept between the player/coach speaking with media members.''
* "Media access to the press box, auxiliary press box, main field and back fields is unchanged at this time.''
* "No decisions have been made yet for the regular season.''
* "Just as we have urged players and staff, we ask media to be vigilant about hygiene: wash hands often, use hand sanitizer (available in the media workroom and press box), avoid contact with your face, and avoid handshakes and high fives.''