Tonight: vs. Braves
7:10, Truist Park
TV/radio: Fox Sports Sun; 95.3-FM/620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Rays info: 1-888-326-7297
RAYS: LH Ryan Yarbrough (0-0, 0.00)
BRAVES: LH Max Fried (0-0, 3.60)
Rays: Yarbrough allowed four hits and no runs over 5-1/3 innings Saturday vs. Jays, his fourth career scoreless start, and third time he got no decision. Has walked two or less in last 18 starts. Faced Braves once previously, losing May 9, 2018.
Braves: Fried went five innings Saturday against Mets, allowing two runs on two hits. Was second in NL overall and first among lefties with 17 wins last year. Had a 3.21 ERA in 15 home starts. First-round pick in 2012 of Padres. Has not faced Rays.
Friday: at Baltimore, 7:35. Rays, LH Blake Snell (0-0, 0.00); Orioles, TBA
Saturday: at Baltimore, 7:35. Rays, RH Tyler Glasnow (0-0, 2.25); Orioles, TBA
Sunday: at Baltimore, 1:05. Rays, RH Yonny Chirinos; Orioles, TBA
Tuesday: vs. Red Sox, 6:40. Rays TBA; Red Sox, TBA
Wednesday: vs. Red Sox, 6:40. Rays TBA; Red Sox, TBA
LH Colin Poche, left elbow ligament tear, 45-day, out for season
OF Austin Meadows, positive COVID-19 test, on rehab assignment
OF Randy Arozarena*, positive COVID-19 test, return TBA
* Minor-league injured list
* An off season
“I’ve had the privilege to cover Rays games from stadiums in Japan, Cuba, Venezuela, Mexico, Canada and all over the United States during my first 22 years on the beat. Wednesday brought a new experience, covering a Rays game from home, off TV, for the first time. That’s another product of the coronavirus pandemic, as the Times is doing coverage remotely, for now.”
— Marc Topkin, Times staff writer
Some things different about 2020
• Season shortened to 60 games, about 37 percent of usual 162.
• Teams playing only against their division and corresponding geographical division in other league, so AL and NL East for Rays.
• Rosters have 30 players to start season, then reduced after two weeks to 28, then two more weeks to 26, the original planned limit.
• Fans not allowed inside Tropicana Field, at least at start of season. There are plans, depending on virus situation, to host 5,000-7,000 a game later in season.
• Fake fan noise, created from recordings of actual crowds and adapted for and then from MLB The Show video game, will be played, along with more music and sound effects.
• Most weekday home games start at 6:40 p.m., moved up from 7:10. All games on Fox Sports Sun.
• For extra-inning games, each team will start with runner on second. The runner is the batter who made last out of previous inning or a pinch-runner.
• All pitchers must face minimum of three batters, except for injury or illness.
• DH will be used in both leagues.
• Injured list stays are 10 days for all players (shortened from 15 for pitchers), and long-term list is 45 days, down from 60.
• Games halted due to weather before becoming official will be resumed at later date, not started over.