Today: at Blue Jays
1:07 (completion of Saturday’s rainout, followed 30 minutes later by seven-inning Game 2), Sahlen Field, Buffalo, N.Y.
TV/radio: Fox Sports Sun; 95.3-FM, 620-AM, 96.1-FM (Spanish)
Rays info: 1-888-326-7297
Probable pitchers (Game 2)
Rays: RH Yonny Chirinos (0-0, 1.04)
Jays: RH Matt Shoemaker (0-1, 4.86)
Rays: Chirinos is set to come off injured list (triceps inflammation) for first start since Aug. 2, third overall. Worked a combined 8⅔ innings vs. Braves and Orioles, allowing nine hits and 1 earned run. Is 2-0, 6.31 in six games vs. Jays.
Jays: Shoemaker faced Rays in second game of season, allowing one run and three hits over six innings. Has worked 6, 4⅔ and 6 in his three starts, providing some needed innings coverage. Missed most of last season with left knee injury.
Tuesday: at Yankees, 7:05. Rays, LH Blake Snell (1-0, 2.08); Yankees, TBA
Wednesday: at Yankees, 7:05, Rays, RH Tyler Glasnow (0-1, 7.04); Yankees, TBA
Thursday: at Yankees, 1:05. Rays, TBA; Yankees, TBA
Friday: vs. Blue Jays, 6:40. Rays, TBA; Jays, TBA
Saturday: vs. Blue Jays, 6:40. Rays, TBA; Jays, TBA
Sunday: vs. Blue Jays, 1:10. Rays, TBA; Jays, TBA
• LH Jose Alvarado, shoulder inflammation, 10-day, eligible Aug. 25
• RH Andrew Kittredge, elbow tear, 45-day, eligible Sept. 26
• RH Charlie Morton, shoulder inflammation, 10-day, eligible Aug. 20
• RH Oliver Drake, biceps tendinitis, 10-day, eligible Aug. 19
• RH Yonny Chirinos, triceps inflammation, 10-day, eligible Aug. 13
• LH Colin Poche, Tommy John surgery, 45-day, out for season
• OF Randy Arozarena*, positive COVID-19 test, on rehab assignment
• LHP Brendan McKay*, positive COVID-19 test, on rehab assignment
* Minor-league injured list
Pitchers (14): RH Nick Anderson, LH Anthony Banda, LH Jalen Beeks, RH Diego Castillo, RH John Curtiss, RH Pete Fairbanks, RH Tyler Glasnow, LH Aaron Loup, RH Trevor Richards, RH Chaz Roe, RH Aaron Slegers, LH Blake Snell, RH Ryan Thompson, LH Ryan Yarbrough
Catchers (2): Michael Perez, Mike Zunino
Infielders (7): Willy Adames, Mike Brosseau, Ji-Man Choi, Yandy Diaz, Brandon Lowe, Jose Martinez, Joey Wendle
Outfielders (5): Kevin Kiermaier, Austin Meadows, Manuel Margot, Hunter Renfroe, Yoshi Tsutsugo
Some things different about 2020
• Season shortened to 60 games, about 37 percent of usual 162.
• Teams playing only against their division and corresponding geographical division in other league, so for Rays, AL and NL East.
• Doubleheaders games are seven innings rather than nine.
• Rosters were 30 players to start season, but were reduced to 28 and will stay at 28 through the postseason.
• Fans not allowed in Trop, at least at start of season. There are plans, depending on virus situation, to host 5,000-7,000 a game later in season.
• Fake fan noise, created from recordings of actual crowds and adapted for and then from MLB The Show video game, will be played, along with more music and sound effects.
• Most weekday home games start at 6:40 p.m., moved up from 7:10. All games on Fox Sports Sun.
• For extra-inning games, each team will start with runner on second. The runner is the batter who made last out of previous inning or a pinch-runner.
• All pitchers must face minimum of three batters, except for injury or illness.
• DH will be used in both leagues.
• Injured list stays are 10 days for all players (shortened from 15 for pitchers), and long-term list is 45 days, down from 60.
• Games halted due to weather before becoming official will be resumed at later date, not started over.