1* to win AL East
Combination of Rays wins and losses by second-place team in division (Yankees), with Rays holding tiebreaker*; Rays have already qualified for playoffs
Tonight: at Mets
7:10, Citi Field, New York
TV/radio: Fox Sports Sun; 95.3-FM, 620-AM, 680-AM (Spanish)
Rays info: 1-888-326-7297
RAYS: LH Blake Snell (4-1, 3.05)
METS: RH Seth Lugo (2-3 4.34)
Rays: Snell makes his final regular season-start, prepping for a likely playoff-opener assignment. Is coming off a strong outing Thursday in Baltimore, allowing only two singles over 5⅓ innings. Has pitched twice at Citi Field, allowing one run in 12⅓ innings.
Mets: Lugo is coming off a miserable start Thursday at Phillies, allowing six runs on eight hits (including four homer) in 1⅔ innings. Has 39 strikeouts in 29 innings. Overall is 14-9, 4.19 in 36 starts; 10-9, 2.53 in 12 relief outings. Has not faced Rays.
Wednesday: at Mets, 7:10 Rays, RH Tyler Glasnow (4-1, 4.21); Mets, TBA
Friday: vs. Phillies, 6:40. Rays, TBA; Phillies, TBA
Saturday: vs. Phillies, 7:07. Rays, TBA; Phillies, TBA
Sunday: vs. Phillies, 3:10. Rays, TBA; Phillies, TBA
END OF REGULAR SEASON
• OF Austin Meadows, left oblique strain, 10-day, eligible Sept. 28
• 1B Ji-Man Choi, left hamstring strain, 10-day, eligible Sept. 23
• LH Cody Reed, left pinkie irritation, 45-day, eligible Oct. 22
• INF Yandy Diaz, right hamstring strain, 10-day, eligible Sept. 11
• LH Jalen Beeks, Tommy John surgery, 45-day, out for season
• RH Chaz Roe, elbow soreness, 45-day, out for season
• RH Yonny Chirinos, Tommy John surgery, 45-day, out for season
• LH Jose Alvarado, shoulder inflammation, 45-day, eligible Sept. 28
• RH Andrew Kittredge, elbow tear, 45-day, out for season
• LH Colin Poche, Tommy John surgery, 45-day, out for season
Also: LH Brendan McKay out for season due to shoulder surgery but is on option to minors, not on injured list
Pitchers (14): RH Nick Anderson, RH Diego Castillo, RH John Curtiss, RH Oliver Drake, RH Pete Fairbanks, LH Josh Fleming, RH Tyler Glasnow, LH Aaron Loup, RH Charlie Morton, LH Ryan Sherriff, RH Aaron Slegers, LH Blake Snell, RH Ryan Thompson, LH Ryan Yarbrough
Catchers (3): Michael Perez, Kevan Smith, Mike Zunino
Infielders (5): Willy Adames, Mike Brosseau, Brandon Lowe, Nate Lowe, Joey Wendle
Outfielders (6): Randy Arozarena, Kevin Kiermaier, Manuel Margot, Brett Phillips, Hunter Renfroe, Yoshi Tsutsugo
Some things different about 2020
• Season shortened to 60 games, about 37 percent of usual 162.
• Teams playing only against their division and corresponding geographical division in other league, so for Rays, AL and NL East.
• Doubleheaders games are seven innings rather than nine.
• Rosters were 30 players to start season, but were reduced to 28 and will stay at 28 through the postseason.
• Fans not allowed in Trop, at least at start of season. There are plans, depending on virus situation, to host 5,000-7,000 a game later in season.
• Fake fan noise, created from recordings of actual crowds and adapted for and then from MLB The Show video game, will be played, along with more music and sound effects.
• Most weekday home games start at 6:40 p.m., moved up from 7:10. All games on Fox Sports Sun.
• For extra-inning games, each team will start with runner on second. The runner is the batter who made last out of previous inning or a pinch-runner.
• All pitchers must face minimum of three batters, except for injury or illness.
• DH will be used in both leagues.
• Injured list stays are 10 days for all players (shortened from 15 for pitchers), and long-term list is 45 days, down from 60.
• Games halted due to weather before becoming official will be resumed at later date, not started over.