1. Vicente Martinez-Ybor birthday: The Spanish entrepreneur who moved his cigar factory from Cuba to Key West to eventually, Ybor City will be celebrated on his birthday Friday. Born in Valencia, Spain, on Sept. 7, 1819, Martinez-Ybor led the way not only in founding Tampa's cigar industry, but also invested in the infrastructure of the town. His great-grandson, Rafael Martinez-Ybor will speak on Friday, at the Ybor City Museum State Park. There will be live music, food and beverages, and displays by community organizations from 5-7 p.m, plus special events and live music throughout Ybor City the rest of the weekend. 1818 E Ninth Ave.
2. Kids Art Fest: Kids and families can paint cars, munch on free hot dogs, enjoy live music and view Fantabulous Foods, an interactive art experience that explores the art of food. Food-themed work from the kids of the Summer Art Academy is also on view. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. David L. Mason Children's Art Museum at Dunedin Fine Art Center, 1143 Michigan Blvd., Dunedin. Free. (727) 298-3322. dfac.org.
3. I Like It Hot Festival: The 18th annual festival of fiery foods, sauces and salsas will turn up the heat with a pepper eating contest, amateur hot sauce competition, a hot hula hoop competition, spicy lolly lick-a-thon, amateur salsa competition, whip-cracking demonstration, music by DJ XL, free samples and hundreds of pepper plants for sale. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Minnreg Building, 6340 126th Ave. N, Largo. $5, 12 and younger free. (727) 423-8433. ilikeithotfestival.com.
4. Palm Harbor Craft Festival: Crafters from across the country will have handmade works in this gallery-style show on the street. There will also be a green market and vendors. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. Downtown Palm Harbor District, at Florida Avenue and Omaha Street. Free.
5. Electric Tailgate Party: Test drive and ride electric bikes and cars and learn how to recharge them in this tailgate party celebrating clean-air vehicles. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Sims Park, 6341 Bank St., New Port Richey. Free.