Search
Featured
Latest News
Most Read
Like This
Advertisement

Featured

Our editors' top picks to read today.
Loading...
Advertisement

Latest News

Our most recent articles.
Loading...
Read more Latest News →
Advertisement

Most Read in News

Our most popular articles in the last 24 hours.
Loading...
Advertisement

Like This

You might also like articles similar to this one.
Loading...
Advertisement

Lawsuit: Florida contractor fakes death to dodge angry homeowners

 
Last year Glenn and Judith Holland said they paid a contractor thousands of dollars to renovate their future retirement home in Seminole. But when they tried to move in on Dec. 14, they said the home was in shambles and uninhabitable. They sent a text message to contractor Marc Anthony Perez at 12:36 p.m. looking for answers. Fourteen minutes later, they got back this text: "This is Marc's daughter, dad passed away on the 7th of December in a car accident. Sorry." Turns out Perez was still alive. Now the Hollands are suing him in Pinellas-Pasco circuit court. [LARA CERRI   |   Times]
Last year Glenn and Judith Holland said they paid a contractor thousands of dollars to renovate their future retirement home in Seminole. But when they tried to move in on Dec. 14, they said the home was in shambles and uninhabitable. They sent a text message to contractor Marc Anthony Perez at 12:36 p.m. looking for answers. Fourteen minutes later, they got back this text: "This is Marc's daughter, dad passed away on the 7th of December in a car accident. Sorry." Turns out Perez was still alive. Now the Hollands are suing him in Pinellas-Pasco circuit court. [LARA CERRI | Times]
Published