Clear91° WeatherClear91° Weather

Mom of Pinellas boy struck by Disney bus settles suit

The mother of a 9-year-old boy from Redington Beach who was hit and killed by a Walt Disney World bus has settled her lawsuit with the entertainment giant, a company spokeswoman said.

Kelly Brubaker, mother of Chase Brubaker, filed an auto-negligence lawsuit against Disney and the bus driver in October 2010. It was settled last month for undisclosed terms.

Chase was at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort with his family when the accident happened in April 2010.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Chase and another child were riding bicycles when he veered off the sidewalk and into the bus. He fell off his bike and was run over.

Chase's family insists the crash was the fault of Disney and the driver, who had three decades of experience with the company.

Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger would not disclose details of the settlement.

Mom of Pinellas boy struck by Disney bus settles suit 09/09/12 [Last modified: Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:06pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...